What are Nootropics?
Nootripics also known as cognitive enhancers, is a drug or substance that works to enhance the mental action or process of acquiring knowledge and understanding through thought, experience, and the senses.it is also thought to enhance attention and alertness. In short, it is a brain supplement, something that elevates cognition without appreciable side effects, most importantly it is made up of naturally sourced compounds that include vitamins, herb, and other supplements that may in fact provide protection to the brain.
*The term “Nootropic” was first coined by a Roman doctor in 1972.
Benefits of Nootropics
- Nootropics also known as cognitive enhancers, are supplements that help improve the performance of brain related to memory retention and the ability to focus. There are many benefits of nootropic drug that include.
- Nootropics can help increase your concentration levels, this is the common problem among young people who have low concentration due to various distraction. Nootropics can help you get back your focus, especially if you’re unable to focus your attention on a particular topic over a period of time. Nootropics boosts your brain health and helps you to have clear thoughts so that you can concentrate more freely.
- Nootropics is known to enhance memory by maintaining brain health like promoting cell growth, improves the communication between the neurons which keeps the brain healthy and ensures proper functioning of brain. There are many occasions when we all wish we could remember things better that can be achieved with nootropics.
- Nootropics help simulate receptors in brain that are responsible for maintaining mood ,it is studied that bad moods can interfere with concentration, motivation leading to mental problems such as depression and stress, using nootropics have shown to improve mood related problems.
- Nootropics help reverse your age by having a calming effect on your brain that leads to good sleep and enhances your mood making you feel active. When your brain is under stress it shows on your overall health like you may face impaired vision, poor metabolism, wrinkles on the skin, grey hair, and dark circles are all signs of abnormal brain function.. Taking Nootropics has shown to have effective anti-ageing benefits.
- Bodily Benefits of Nootropics: many nootropics, has shown to reduce muscle fatigue, eliminating bodily free radicals, promoting muscular mitochondria output, etc… sometimes supplements that benefit the brain also benefit the body.
Do Nootropics really work?
In fact, the working of nootropics is still a hot debate among doctors and medical researchers. however there’s a claim and belief that nootropics work by effectively boosting the supply of oxygen and improve blood flow and alter the metabolic functions which results in growth of nerve cells that in turn enhances brain’s ability to supply neuro-chemicals,thereby increasing brain’s efficiency to work properly, Nootropics helps stimulate nerve growth and protect the brain cells so the brain can work properly, that indicates improvements to your attention span, memory ,motivation ,learning capacity, and overall cognitive health. Nootropics have shown very positive effects among people who suffer from cognitive deficits, including Alzheimer’s disease, but the effects of nootropics on average and healthy group of people is still a question.
If you are regular with nootropics that’s ok, but don’t forget to feed your brain with natural nutrients that contain DHA and other omega-3 fatty acids.
How Do Nootropics Work?
- To have a clear idea about how exactly nootropics work in the proper functioning of the brain we need to understand what goes inside the brain.
- It is the brain that helps human to think, learn, focus, be alert, and and manage overall cognitive functions, just like our body needs proper feed of nutrition from time to time to function without interruption.so does our brain ,it needs nutrition for mental well-being and that is provided by smart drug Nootropics.
- Nootropics work to improve brain health and cognition by optimizing neurotransmitters (are associated with cognitive performance) that include various mental capacities such as memory, learning, and thinking, mood and motivation, pleasure, relaxation and deep satisfaction, attention and intense focus.
- If there is an imbalance in the message carriers i.e. neurotransmitter there is strong disturbance in the cognitive functions ,if you take nootropics it manages to bring back the normalcy in the working of neurotransmitters as they supply brain chemical precursors, regulates synthesis of neurotransmittors, enhances receptor sensitivity and shields neurotransmitter from damage and provide sufficient nutrition to the brain.
- Nootorpics promotes brain energy by increasing supply of oxygen and nutrition to the brain, that helps in the smooth functioning of brain as well as other bodily functions.
- Nootropics aids neuroregeneration by promoting brain growth factors, supplies raw neuronal building block material and enhances brain cell membrane flexibility and plasticity.
Myths and Truth about Nootropics
It is very difficult to segregate myth from the truth about Nootropics, but there are some myths which needs to be cleared
Myth – To find if Nootropics are effective, you need to feel some changes.
Truth – You need not feel any effect of the drug to confirm that nootropics are working, sometimes our system takes time to feel the total effect, one more important point to remember is that each individual absorb and metabolize chemicals differently ,so you have to wait and watch the effects.
Myth – Nootropics are very dangerous.
Truth – Wrong Nootropics are absolutely safe to use and is thoroughly researched drug.
Myth -Those taking Nootropics need to eat well, sleep enough, and work hard.
Truth – While maintaining a healthy lifestyle it great for your overall health ,but it’s not necessary that you have to eat well ,sleep fast and work hard while you are on nootropics.
Myth -Nootropics are free from causing side Effects.
Truth – Nootropics work differently on each individual, depending upon the different bodily chemical compositions, some people may experience some side effects when they are on Nootropics. But otherwise it is good, does not cause toxic effects.
Myth – Nootropics are very effective like the ones they proclaim in some movies.
Truth – yes, to an extent it’s true that nootropics are definitely reliable cognitive enhancers, taking them can improve your cognitive functions – memory, learning, focus, concentration, mental energy, etc. But their effects aren’t as much they show in movies, but also remember that while Nootropics are real smart drug that helps you to achieve more than what your ability is.
Myth – Nootropics give the same benefits and side effects for all those who use.
Truth – No, the benefits and side effects of Nootropics is different for each person depending upon level of use, frequency, dosage, and other aspects.
Nootropics Side Effects
Nootropics users have reported having some mild side effects that include insomnia, headaches, GI tract issues, dependence, and fatigue.
- Some people tend to overuse the drug Nootropics for a long time that may make them addictive to the drug, and might result in impaired cognitive function, and making it impossible to function without the drug. However, most users will recover cognitive function after stopping the drugs.
- Nootropics such as Pramiracetam and CDP Choline are taken to boost alertness and energy levels that means if it is taken prior to your sleeping time it will cause insomnia.
- Headache is also one of the most common side effects that has been reported by the users of Nootropic, especially the Racetam class of drugs tend to give headache.
- Some users of Nootropics also complain of fatigue ,to avoid the symptoms of fatigue take care to reduce the frequency of usage of Nootropics.
- There are definitely some side effects of using Nootropics, as ii is with other drugs it all depends upon duration of usage, the frequency of usage, and individual body chemistry. Nootropics have actually proven to be some of the safest types of cognitive enhancers available on the market today.
Are Nootropics Actually Safe? Are There Long term Dangers?
Nootropics are a class of nutrients, supplements, smart drugs, and nutraceuticals that boosts brain and enhance brain functions like mood, memory, attention, concentration and alertness, over the years, these supplements have gained tremendous popularity among different age group of people like young students, athletes, or people who work long hours, especially those who want extra boost to improve brain performance and health. It is widely used so it can be assumed that Nootropics is a safe drug. Having said that, there is always a negative side to any drug or any medicine, especially if it is taken by younger mind because the brain is still in the process of development and that can interrupt with its normal functioning. People who are below 25 years need to be very careful in deciding their doses to take nootropics actually it is still better to not use nootropics at very young age ,the negative effects of Nootropics include damage to circadian rhythm, anxiety, and an abnormal development of the prefrontal cortex that can interfere with memory and other mental functions.
Potential dangers associated with using nootropics over the long-term.
Remember not all people who use Nootropics are at risk for the following impairments
- Misusing nootropic drug can affect certain regions in the brain that may shrink or expand
- May inhibit important brain function
- Lead to cognitive deficits
- Disrupts your circadian rhythm
- Accelerate aging
- May have harmful effects on physical functioning
- When used over a long-term, they could cause memory damage
- May deplete certain neurotransmitters if used for extended period
- Certain nootropics may interact with any other medications or other supplements that you take and that could be dangerous
- Certain nootropics like Provigil may lead to withdrawals
- Remember to study thoroughly about the nootropics you might be considering to take, check whether it has been researched over a long-term. Also find out how it may affect your brain functioning when taken over an extended period.
Where to Buy Nootropics?
It is very important to have knowledge about where to buy nootropics, if you buy from the local vendor you know and trust that will be an added advantage as you can be assured of quality and price. Also there is no dearth of local health food chain, discount outlet, drug store, or any retailer that carries vitamins and related products, or supplement and health / nutrition stores near you, but the problem arises when you don’t find the drug you are looking for, this is a major problem. The best option is you need to learn to search online for nootropics, it can make you save you time and energy of going to local vendors and searching for the drugs. The best part about buying online is that you have many options and wide choice of suppliers you just find about anything that you are looking for. Moreover they also have great discounts to offer.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]